- Analysed and reported upon the admission and discharge trends for yearly reports, and reviewed employee clock-in and clock-out trends to ensure compliance with local requirements for labor.
- Design, Enhance and maintain network environment and servers.
- Developed and implemented HIPAA procedures, documentation and training material.
- Wrote ASP application to handle company asset and inventory management through MS SQL database, eliminating weeks of manual entry each year.
- Wrote ASP application to handle importing, reviewing and editing the timekeeping information, which then allows the user to input the Census information, and generate the monthly required excel document stating the nursing/cna/respiratory therapist to patient ratios.
- Wrote MS Access application to handle certification requirements and report expirations and application to monitor CNA Training requirement and interface with the certification database reducing the Staff Developers overhead on handling nursing licenses and renewals.
- Implemented conversion utility from AccuMed Add-On Classic and Barcode Ancillary system Resource, eliminating a week of manual entry between the the Supply Department and Billing every month.
I started working at All Saints HealthCare volunteering in the
Activities department for 5 years before being hired in 1998. My
responsibilities during my time in Activities were
- Maintain the entertainment equipment.
- Decorating for party’s.
- Cleaning up after party's.
- Making sure that the Activities room was always presentable to our residents.
- Ensuring that the oxygen tanks were full of oxygen and replacing them when appropriate.
- Reading to our residents.
- Ensuring that their time with us was pleasant.
- Monitoring problematic patients while in activities.
- Coordinating with Nurses and Respiratory Therapists about which patients were capable of attending the day's activities and making sure that they were ready on time.
- Transporting patients back and forth from the Activities room.
- Preparing Care Plans for our residents.
- Weekend Supervisor managing 10 employees and reporting to the Activity Director about what is going on.
- Preparing for the daily activity.
- Teaching residents Computer Skills.
During 1999, I was promoted to Network Support Technician where I was responsible for handling
- Maintaining the Windows Network.
- Monitoring System Performance on a Terminal Server.
- Monitoring Security.
- Monitoring Network Performance.
- Maintaining User Accounts, and computers.
- Creating Policies for system operations.
- Planning Outages with user schedules and peak performance period.
- On call 24/7 for computer and network issues.
- Planning upgrades and scheduling roll outs.
- Designing software specific for the needs of the different departments and ensuring that they meet expectations.
- Data Analysis from multiple software platforms to analysis admission and discharge trends, correlated to employee hours and nursing requirements (State Labor Reporting).
- Finalized an interface from patient inventory usage system to ancillary charges system, taking data entry from a seven day long process, with potential data entry issues, to a one day process without human data entry issues.
After one of our vendors botched a correction causing our Payroll Department taxes to be unusable, worked with our internal accountant to build spreadsheets containing all of the details for each employee's taxes from Linux print files and entered them into the payroll system for quarter and year end reporting to both employee and government entities.